What to expect, when you’re expecting a shipment
Thank you for choosing Accessibility Professionals Inc. If you have any questions about your shipment or the delivery process that isn't answered on this page, please call a customer service representative at 1-877-947-7769
Placing Your Order
When you place your order, you may need to tell us what type of delivery location we are shipping your order to.
Please Note: All shipping addresses need to be accessible for a full sized (53 foot) tractor-trailer, meaning roads must be paved, have no low hanging wires, no narrow roads or dead ends to impede access.
For Walk in, Easy Step and Luxury Bathtubs, Standard delivery will be to a Residential or Commercial location with a liftgate service.
For ADA bathtubs you will need to choose from one of he following selections:
Standard residential delivery includes curbside delivery to your home by a full-sized tractor-trailer with a liftgate.
For residential deliveries, the truck will get as close as possible to your driveway and will lower the freight down from the truck on the lift gate. Customers are responsible for moving the pallet or packages from the truck’s liftgate into your home or garage.
It is not the driver’s responsibility to unload, move or assemble the shipment. Please arrange to have help onsite to move the shipment from the curbside to a secure location.
Shipping to a business in a commercially zoned area. Lot has a receiving area, raised loading dock or forklift onsite, and room for a tractor trailer to turn around easily. A business that is run from your home does not qualify for commercial shipping.
Commercial with Liftgate:
If the commercial receiving address doesn't have a raised loading dock or forklift on site, choose Commercial with Liftgate to add a liftgate service to your delivery.
NOTE: the following locations do not qualify for commercial shipping. Choose residential instead for:
- A business run out of your home
- Apartment buildings
- Senior living facilities
NOTE: The freight companies that are contracted to make deliveries for us each have their own policies and regulations that we must honor. Unlike parcel delivery companies (FedEx, UPS, etc.), common freight carriers only provide dock-to-dock service or curbside delivery where the driver does not touch the freight.
Shipping and Delivery Process
- Once your order for a Freedom Bathtub or other product has been placed with us and payment has been received, orders are sent to the plant to begin processing. Some products require a submittal form signed before production can begin (typically ADA Bathtubs with factory installed accessories).
- Before packaging, your Freedom Bathtub is factory tested for quality. Then it is packaged, crated onto a pallet if necessary, and shipped via the freight carrier chosen by the factory.
- Once your order has shipped, our sales office will receive tracking information and forward those details to the contact person you have listed on your order, usually via email.
- You can use the tracking information to contact the freight carrier directly to find out delivery dates and arrange for someone to be onsite to receive the shipment. You should continue to track your shipment or call the freight carrier for updates in case of changes on route.
- Bath Seats, Grab Bars and other accessories will usually ship by a courier service like FedEx or UPS, ground shipping and will require a signature. You can track these shipments online once we have emailed you the tracking details.
NOTE ABOUT TRANSIT TIMES
- All Walk in Bathtubs, Easy Access Tubs, and the two person luxury tub ship from Cleveland, OH.
- ADA Bathtubs ship from Savannah, TN
- Luxury Oval tubs ship from either North Carolina or California.
- Other products ship from various factories, throughout the US.
Transportation times vary depending on travel distance, weather conditions, or freight company routes.
Please be advised that delivery delays may occur that are beyond the control of the shipper/seller. We cannot be held responsible for delays due to accidents, strikes, riots, labor stoppage, climatic conditions, unavoidable casualties, or other causes interfering, obstructing or blocking the usual routes of transportation.
NOTE: At this time we are unable to offer expedited shipping options.
- Make sure an able-bodied person will be available to inspect and sign for the delivery as it arrives, and to move it from the liftgate or curbside to a safe location.
- Carefully inspect the outside of the carton(s) for any damage prior to signing delivery documents.
- Have your Sales Receipt on hand to verify that what is being received is what you are expecting. Check the labels on the boxes to make sure the model number or description matches what you’ve ordered. Our phone number is on the Sales receipt and you can call us before signing for your shipment if you are uncertain about anything.
- If packing looks damaged, you should also carefully inspect all merchandise for freight damage.
WHAT TO DO IF SHIPMENT IS DAMAGED/INCORRECT
Products are inspected and in excellent condition when they leave the shipping dock. Any damage to products on route is the responsibility of the freight carrier.
In order for the shipper to make a claim for damaged shipments, and therefore get quick replacement units sent out to you, we ask that you follow these instructions.
- Customers must inspect the shipment upon delivery, prior to signing delivery documents.
- Product found to be obviously DAMAGED UPON INSPECTION MUST BE REFUSED and not received from the carrier. Write “refused” on the delivery receipt.
- If packing looks damaged but you cannot see damage on the product, we recommend noting the damaged packing on the Bill of Lading when you sign for it and writing “Received Subject to Inspection.”
- If the driver doesn’t provide the time needed to properly inspect the shipment, we recommend signing the Bill of Lading with a comment “Received Subject to Inspection” even if everything looks okay.
- Take a photo of any damages found. In any of the above cases, we request that you take photos of the shipment as you are receiving. An overall photo of the shipment on the crate, before you’ve unloaded or unpacked anything, as well as a close up of any areas of concern.
- The receiver must notify the purchaser or contact Accessibility Professionals Inc.’s Customer Service at 1-877-947-7769 to report a refused shipment. Please let us know as quickly as possible, so we can get a new unit shipped to you. Please have your customer number (found on quotes, receipts and invoices) when you contact us for quickest service.
- Claims for shortages or incorrect shipments must be noted on the bill of lading with the driver upon delivery, and filed with our customer service department within 48 hours of receipt. Claims after 48 hours might not be honored.
- Once you have received & signed for your shipment, please fully unpack/open packages to inspect your products. Make sure you have received the correct product(s) and that there are no issues.
- If, upon opening your packages and inspecting the unit, you discover concealed damages, please take photos of the affected area, both close up and wider shots to show location of the damage. Submit photos and your notes to your Customer Service Rep at Accessibility Professionals. They will have the warranty department view images and determine if the unit can be repaired or needs to replaced. DO NOT INSTALL DAMAGED UNITS, unless you have received the go-ahead from Accessibility Professionals. Review warranty terms here.
Delivery process is the same for any replacement shipments as well.
(Please read our Terms and Conditions, and/or the receiving notes on your receipt or quote for official delivery responsibilities and conditions.)